Our God Is An Awesome God!!!

Welcome To My Blog

Welcome to my blog of current happenings in my life. As you read my posts please feel free to post a comment if your heart so desires. You can double click on any picture if you would like to enlarge it. I pray you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy keeping you all posted on my very blessed life.

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Our new Church





Realized today that I hadn't updated my blog lately so figured I would. I managed to get everything done for our church grand opening last Sunday but boy was I tired. I went out on Thursday and did some fall decorating. We have not had time to do our landscaping yet. We had close to 400 people there. Following 2nd service we had a short recognition of several people who helped to get the building project done, then we served a buffet pot luck dinner along with BBQ'd pork from a smoker and a big pot of ham and beans. It took a long time for that many people to get thru the line. It was a very special day for us as we were involved in the actual construction because we installed all the electrical and lighting. I think it made us appreciate everything more. We went from freezing when we first started wiring the church to burning up toward the end. Just as we were at the last stages of finishing the job the AC was turned on. It is sometimes hard to believe that just a few years ago we started with around 40 people and now if everyone came at one time there would be around 600. We have an awesome band, Pastor Greg is the greatest and Pastor Jamie leads one terrific youth program. The youth even have their own band. I am posting some pics

No comments: